Lonely Planet Best of Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Imagine the roar of the crowds in the Colosseum, crane your neck at the Sistine Chapel, and sample every single flavour of pizza and gelato the city offers, all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Rome Travel Guide:
• Zoom-in maps and images.
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing.
• Full-colour maps and images throughout.
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests.
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots.
• Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices.
• Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss.
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – food & drink, art, architecture, history, politics, music & nightlife.
• Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 37 colour maps.
Coverage Includes: Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi, Quirinale, Vatican City, Borgo, Prati, Trastevere, Gianicolo, Monti, Esquilino, San Lorenzo, San Giovanni, Testaccio, Villa Borghese and more.